This is Jasleen back with my guest designer post for this month and I’m sharing different ways by which I explored the beautiful stamp set from CrafTangles- Mom, You Rock.
This stamp set has 13 clear photopolymer handcut stamps, out of which three are floral images and 10 stamps are a variety of sentiments that can be very aptly used to make cards for the special ladies in our life. One thing I love about this set is that it contains the stamp ‘Grandma’, which I haven’t yet seen anywhere and I have actually been looking for ‘grandma’ themed stamps for a while.
Here’s the first card I made –
- I started by stamping the floral images over a 5 by 7 inch card panel and diecut the scalloped circular panel in such a way that the stamped images are partially over this circular panel.
- These images were then coloured with the help of Faber Castell connector pens, while the images over the main panel were left uncoloured(spotlight stamping).
- Stamped the sentiment over the die cut circle.
- The main panel was then mounted over a card base followed by adhering the coloured image panel with the help of 3D foam tape for dimension.
- Finished off the card by embellishing with pearls.
This card design was inspired by a card I saw on instagram by a talented crafter friend Neha Bhatt.
- I started by randomly stamping the floral images over a card panel with the help of Versafine Onyx black ink.
- Then I coloured the images using Faber Castell connector pens.
- The background was given a light watercolour wash using Gansai Tambi watercolours.
- Then over a card base, I splattered some black acrylic paint by simply dipping a paint brush into the paint and flicking it lightly over the paper to give an artsy appearance. I remember learning about this idea on Neha’s blog a few month’s ago and liked it. I always love her creative ideas.
- The stamped panel was then suitably shaped and adhered to the card base.
- Finally, stamped the sentiment on the outside as well as on the inside of the card.
And I also altered the cover of a 2017 diary with the help of the floral stamps. Here’s how-
I hope you liked the ideas I shared today and feel inspired. Thanks for visiting.
Wishing you all a fantastic and very creative 2017 ahead! :)